If you're having trouble with ClockedIn 2 or if you just have questions about how to use it, please don't hesitate in contacting us. Our support team can be reached by email and will try their best to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a collection of some of the most frequently asked questions about ClockedIn 2. If your questions are not answered here, please feel free to send your questions to us and we'll do our best to answer them.
In addition, we have short videos that demonstrate ClockedIn 2 features.
Questions - General
- How much does ClockedIn 2 cost and when will it be available?
- I currently use ClockedIn, do I really need ClockedIn 2?
- What's the difference between ClockedIn and ClockedIn 2?
- Will ClockedIn 2 run on the iPad?
- Will the timer keep track of time even when I'm not in ClockedIn 2?
- Can I edit the start and/or end times of tasks?
- Can I export the data out of ClockedIn 2?
- Can I sync ClockedIn 2 to my calendar?
- When configuring Calendar Push, what does "pushes automatically" mean?
- Does ClockedIn support timing concurrent tasks?
- What do the various settings do?
- How do I enter completed tasks into ClockedIn 2 that I didn't time?
- How do I delete a day and all its tasks?
- ClockedIn 2 would be great if it would just do... How do I make a feature request?
- There's been a lot of news lately about the unauthorized access and transmission of people's personal data by Apps. Does ClockedIn 2 collect and/or transmit my personal data to anyone?
Answers - General
How much does ClockedIn cost and when will it be available?
ClockedIn 2 is available in the App Store today and costs $4.99.
I currently use ClockedIn, do I really need ClockedIn 2?
If you are happy with ClockedIn and it does everything that you need then, we'd say no. We expect the functionality in ClockedIn to be adequate for many of your customers.
What's the difference between ClockedIn and ClockedIn 2?
Major parts of ClockedIn 2 have been re-written to take advantage of iOS 4. The following is a list of some of the features specific to ClockedIn 2:
- Application startup is greatly improved.
- Better support for multitasking.
- Calendar integration, completed timed tasks can be pushed to your iOS calendar.
- Address book support to assist with setting up customers.
- Timed tasks can span multiple days. In ClockedIn, timed tasks were broken up in to multiple tasks if they crossed days.
- A timed task's day can now be edited. ClockedIn only allowed the editing of a task's time.
- Reports can now be sent in CSV format.
- Updated the user interface and navigation for an even better user experience.
Will ClockedIn 2 run on the iPad?
ClockedIn 2 will run in compatibility mode on iPads running iOS 5.0 or greater. For a user experience tailored specifically for the iPad we have ClockedIn 2 for iPad.
Will the timer keep track of time even when I'm not in ClockedIn 2?
Yes. You can even turn your phone off and it will still track the elapsed time of a task.
Can I edit the start and/or end times of tasks?
Yes, you can edit the date and times of tasks.
Can I export the data out of ClockedIn 2?
Yes. In addition to HTML formatted reports, you also have the option of sending an attached CSV file of the report.
Can I sync ClockedIn 2 to my calendar?
ClockedIn 2 supports the ability to push completed timed tasks to a calendar in your iOS calendar app. Completed tasks can either be pushed automatically or manually. Just set the project's "Pushes to calendar" setting to "On", then select the calendar and whether to push automatically or not. There's more information about this feature on our "Calendar Push" page.
When configuring Calendar Push, what does "pushes automatically" mean?
If set to "YES", all tasks will be pushed to your calendar when they are complete (have a start and end time). When set to "NO", you manually push them by editing each timed task you wanted pushed. However, once you set a timed task to push it will always update the calendar event if you edit it.
Does ClockedIn support timing concurrent tasks?
No, ClockedIn can only time one task at a time.
What do the various system settings do?
The system settings, found in the Settings app, allow you to customize the behavior of ClockedIn 2. Please see our "Settings" page for a complete explanation of the options.
How do I enter completed tasks into ClockedIn 2 that I didn't time?
There are a couple of ways to do this. The easiest way is to go to the day that the task was performed in the day view and triple tap on an empty area in the hour listing. This will present you with an "Add Task" view. Just set the tasks information and save.
If the day that you want to create the completed task for does not exist, tap on the "Day" button, which will present you with a calendar, then tap on the day for the task. Confirm that you want to add a completed timed task for the day and you'll be presented with the "Add Task" view to add the task with.
The other way to add a completed task is in the project's totals view. Use the "Add Completed Task" button on the button of the view to get the "Add Task" view.
How do I delete a day and all its tasks?From the day view, tap on the "Day" button then tap on the "List" button to get a list of all the days with timed tasks. Tapping on the edit button will display a delete button for each day. Tap the delete button for the day you want to delete, confirm the delete and the day will be deleted.
ClockedIn 2 would be great if it would just do... How do I make a feature request?
The best way to make a feature request is to send an email with your request to our support team. We log all feature requests in our support database which we use in evaluating future ClockedIn updates.
Does ClockedIn 2 collect and/or transmit my personal data to anyone?
No. None of the products we've created, past or present, do this. We respect your privacy.